With the first day of summer already past there is no better time than now to grab a sweet sweet watermelon. Watermelon is my most favorite fruit and I am constantly looking for new ways to enjoy it. In my opinion, there is no better way to kick off the summer than with a refreshing cocktail. I present to you the Watermelon Mule.
This is a fresh twist on the classic Moscow Mule, which has been gaining popularity in the last few years. A traditional Mule is made with simple syrup and lime juice. This version removes any added sugar by using the natural sweetness of fruit.
This watermelon mule doesn’t take much more time to serve up than the traditional version and you can enjoy it in a copper mug if you are so inclined. These are great for a hot summer day by the pool or for sipping on the patio.
- 1 cup of diced watermelon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 ginger beer
- Crushed ice
- Copper Mug
- Blend watermelon in food processor/blender/nutribullet and strain.
- In a shaker with ice combine juice from watermelon, juice of lime, and vodka.
- Shake and strain into a copper mug over crushed ice.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime and sprig of mint or basil
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Brunch and Biceps